- Take a test sample by performing a nasopharyngeal swab - see instructions below
- Seal the swab in the tube provided and return it to us
- Your test sample will be analysed by experts
- You results will be sent to you securely via email (turn-around time: 4 days)
Test yourself for COVID-19 (coronavirus) at home
Find out whether or not you have COVID-19
Test requires you to perform a nasal swab
Results will be emailed to you securely
Approximate turn-around time: 4 days
How does the coronavirus swab test work?
If you’re concerned about COVID-19 and you want to check whether you’re infected, this easy-to-use home testing kit will allow you to find out without leaving the house. Here’s how it works:
How to perform a nasopharyngeal swab
- Tilt your head back and insert the swab into your nostril.
- Gently push the swab in as far as possible (parallel with the palate).
- Leave the swab in for a few seconds.
- Remove the swab slowly, rotating it gently as you do so.
- Repeat this process on the other nostril.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will the coronavirus test kits be available?
Kits are expected to be available from Wednesday 25th March 2020. Each kit includes all necessary items for collection and transport.
How does the test work?
This quantitative real-time RT-PCR (reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction) test performs RNA detection of SARS-CoV-2 on a sample consisting of:
- Nasopharyngeal swab
- Nasopharyngeal aspiration
- Bronchoalveolar liquid
- Bronchial aspiration
How soon will I receive my results?
The estimated turn-around time for this swab test is 96 hours (including transport time). Analysis is carried out from Monday to Saturday. Please bear in mind that, due to the high worldwide demand for coronavirus tests, unforeseen delays may occur.
Who is this COVID-19 test suitable for?
This test can be used to check anyone for COVID-19. However, in order to ensure that the tests are available to those who need them most, please think twice before ordering unless you are in one of the following high-priority groups:
- Pregnant women
- People experiencing severe respiratory symptoms
- Healthcare personnel with COVID-19 symptoms
- Haematopoietic organ, tissue or stem cell donors
- People over 70 years of age
Demand for these coronavirus test kits is very high - order yours now!
Awaiting Test Approval